Things to Do
Marloth Park is a treasure trove of wildlife, birds and plants. You can enjoy all aspects of the local fauna and flora right here in Maroth Park, in the following ways:
Things to do in Marloth Park
- Take a walk along the peaceful Marloth Roads.
- Take a drive along the scenic Crocodile River, bordering on Kruger Park.
- Cycling – Bring your bike! Marloth Park is a favorite among cyclists.
- Lionspruit Reserve – Home to 4 of the BIG 5 and amazing birdlife.
- Marloth has many great restaurants.
- Local amenities include shops, petrol station, liquor stores, waterpark mini-golf and a post office.
- Birdwatching – sit/ walk quietly and enjoy the rich birdlife.
- Picnic – Picnic along the fence along the Crocodile River, from where the Big 5 are often seen drinking in Kruger Park.
- Swim or play tennis at the Henk Van Rooyen center.
Things to do in the area
Marloth Park’s ideal location gives guests easy access to many wonderful activities and landmarks – these are just a few:
- Kruger National Park – self-drive visits with access from either the Crocodile Bridge Gate (14 km) or the Malelane Gate (45 km).
- Book a luxury guided Safari into Kruger Park with one of our experienced guides. (Book in advance to avoid disappointment).
- Golfing at a choice of top local golf courses.
- Panorama Tour with world-renowned sites like Bourke’s Luck Potholes and the Blyde River Canyon.
- Botanical Gardens – Nelspruit is home to beautiful Botanical Gardens – perfect for a picnic.
- Nelspruit has several malls which will please the desires of any experienced shopper.
- Chimp Eden – A Chimp Sanctuary in Barberton. Tours are at 10 am, 12 pm, and 14 pm daily. Cost: R 190 pp.
- Tiger Fishing – Excursions from 6 am – 11 am, or 1 pm – 6 pm daily, on the Komati River. Cost: Local guest -R650 p/p. International guest – R 730 p/p.
- Sunset and Bird-watching Cruises – Komati River (3 Hours). Cost: Local guest – R 350 p/p. International guest – R 390 p/p.
- Animal Sanctuaries: Moholoholo and Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre (pre-booking essential).